USO designs, develops, validates, and maintains a suite of large-scale undersea warfare models and simulations used by technology developers, analysts, the Navy, and its allies. We serve as a research center of excellence in undersea weapons, unmanned undersea vehicles, and advanced sonars.
We support our national security and undersea warfare sponsors through the development and demonstration of science and technology with the expertise, tools, and processes to take concepts from the early developmental phase through transition to industry and the fleet.
- Advanced Sonar Systems
- Signal Processing, Target Tracking/Classification, and Data Fusion
- Autonomous Vehicle Guidance and Control
- Embedded, Real-time Software
- Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Design
- Power and Energy Systems Design and Development
- Fiber Optic Systems
- Modeling and Simulation/Operations Research
- Rapid Prototyping
- System Engineering, Integration and Test
With state-of-the-art facilities and a strong history of scientific excellence,
USO serves as a trusted advisor able to leverage decades of institutional knowledge.
We equip our national security, intelligence community, and government sponsors with the tools they need to achieve their missions. Our expertise in rapid prototyping and cutting-edge research provides a competitive advantage to our mission partners.